
世界最大的航空母舰已奉命从加勒比海驶往中东,与此同时,美国总统唐纳德·特朗普正在考虑是否对伊朗采取可能的军事行动。
据多家媒体援引匿名政府官员的消息报道,此次“杰拉尔德·R·福特”号航母的行动,将使两艘航母及其护航舰艇同时出现在该地区。特朗普此举旨在加大对伊朗的压力,迫使其就核计划达成协议。
特朗普本周早些时候曾表示,他正在考虑采取此类行动。
“亚伯拉罕·林肯”号航空母舰和三艘导弹驱逐舰两周多前抵达中东。
美国拥有11艘航空母舰,它们的部署计划通常提前很久就已制定。
对于美国最新型的航母“福特”号来说,此次部署可谓迅速。特朗普政府于去年10月将其从地中海调往加勒比海,当时正值美国政府在该地区部署大规模军事力量之际,最终于上个月发动突袭,抓获了时任委内瑞拉总统尼古拉斯·马杜罗。
负责美国在加勒比海地区军事存在的美国南方司令部发言人周五告诉Newsmax新闻网:
“尽管兵力部署有所变化,但我们的作战能力并未改变。南方司令部部队始终保持高度戒备,随时准备投射力量、保卫自身并维护美国在该地区的利益。在总统和战争部长的指示下,我们将继续开展以任务为导向的行动,打击西半球的非法活动和恶意行为者。”
特朗普周四警告伊朗,如果未能与美国政府达成协议,后果将“非常严重”。上周,伊朗和美国在阿曼举行了间接会谈。
在被问及与伊朗就核计划达成协议的时间表时,特朗普表示:“我估计在接下来的一个月左右。应该很快达成协议。他们应该很快同意。”
本周早些时候,特朗普告诉Axios新闻网,他正在考虑向中东派遣第二个航母打击群。
特朗普周三与以色列总理内塔尼亚胡举行了长时间会谈,并表示他向内塔尼亚胡强调,与伊朗的谈判必须继续进行。
内塔尼亚胡敦促美国政府向德黑兰施压,要求其缩减弹道导弹计划,并停止支持哈马斯和真主党等恐怖组织,以此作为达成任何协议的条件。
“福特”号航母搭载核反应堆,可搭载超过75架军用飞机,包括F-18“超级大黄蜂”战斗机和E-2“鹰眼”预警机等。
该航母还配备了先进的雷达,可用于空中交通管制和导航。
“福特”号于2025年6月下旬开始部署,这意味着两周后,舰员将部署满八个月。
目前尚不清楚该航母将在中东停留多久,但此举意味着舰员将面临一次异常漫长的部署。
白宫尚未对此置评。
The world’s largest aircraft carrier has been ordered to sail from the Caribbean Sea to the Middle East as President Donald Trump considers whether to take possible military action against Iran.
The move by the USS Gerald R. Ford, according to multiple media reports citing unnamed government officials, will put two carriers and their accompanying warships in the region as Trump increases pressure on Iran to make a deal over its nuclear program.
Trump said earlier this week that he was considering making such a move.
The USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier and three guided-missile destroyers arrived in the Middle East more than two weeks ago.
The U.S. has 11 aircraft carriers, and their schedules are usually set well in advance.
It marks a quick turnaround for the USS Ford, the nation’s newest carrier, which Trump sent from the Mediterranean Sea to the Caribbean in October as the administration build up a huge military presence in the leadup to the surprise raid last month that captured then-Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
A spokesperson for the U.S. Southern Command (SOUTHCOM), which is responsible for American military presence in the Caribbean, told Newsmax Friday:
While force posture evolves, our operational capability does not. SOUTHCOM forces remain fully ready to project power, defend themselves, and protect U.S. interests in the region. At the direction of the President and the Secretary of War, we continue mission-focused operations to counter illicit activities and malign actors in the Western Hemisphere.
Trump on Thursday warned Iran that failure to reach a deal with his administration would be “very traumatic.” Iran and the United States held indirect talks in Oman last week.
“I guess over the next month, something like that,” Trump said in response to a question about his timeline for striking a deal with Iran on its nuclear program. “It should happen quickly. They should agree very quickly.”
Trump told Axios earlier this week that he was considering sending a second carrier strike group to the Middle East.
Trump held lengthy talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Wednesday and said he insisted to Israel’s leader that negotiations with Iran needed to continue.
Netanyahu is urging the administration to press Tehran to scale back its ballistic missile program and end its support for terrorist groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah as part of any deal.
The Ford, which has a nuclear reactor on board, can hold more than 75 military aircraft, including fighter aircraft like the F-18 Super Hornet jets and the E-2 Hawkeye, which can act as an early warning system.
It also includes sophisticated radar that can help control air traffic and navigation.
It set out on deployment in late June 2025, which means the crew will have been deployed for eight months in two weeks time.
While it is unclear how long the ship will remain in the Middle East, the move sets the crew up for an usually long deployment.
The White House didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.